System for Managing Advanced Response Technology (SMART) is a mining communications and safety system.
SMART Suite 5.0: Mining Communication & Sensor Network, Hardware & Software
Tech ID: UA17-023
The invention consists of sensors that are able to detect components of worker safety, mine air quality, geolocation tracking, communication and ground stabilization detection and much more. The sensors utilize a System for Managing Advanced Response Technology (SMART) that includes mesh communication network, cell phone apps, and central control/monitoring system for real-time communication for many applications.
In 2015, twenty-three deaths occurred in mining incidents. Unfortunately there is no technology currently available in the interest of proper miner health and safety monitoring. This technology allows for miner core body temp, ambient conditions, mine wall conditions, location and other sensors provide a lifeline network for miner risk mitigation including evacuation, emergency response, ground stability detection, geolocation tracking of workers and equipment, and improved communication.
- Sensors are platform agnostic
- Tracks data in real time
- Currently the only multi-faced sensor available to track equipment, personnel and environmental factors simultaneously
- More efficient and effective than conventional methods
- Increases safety compliance
- Reduces workplace incidents
- Increases supervision of operations
- Provides a lifeline network for evacuation and emergency response
- Asset tracking, personnel tracking and health vitals monitoring
- Ventilation, pressure, temperature and atmospheric gas monitoring and detection
- Rock mass condition and characterization analyses
- Mine Safety, Monitoring and Assessment (SMART Suite 5.0)
- Agriculture Monitoring and Assessment (SMART Farm 5.0)
- Water Condition Monitoring and Assessment (SMART H20 5.0)
- Logistics Planning, Monitoring, and Assessment (SMART Move 5.0)
- Smart home sensors
- Energy efficiency monitoring
- DoD underground monitoring