Unique drinks, unique experiences!
This challenge is currently inactive. Please see our Networks page to discover other Networks your innovation/expertise could be applicable to. Suntory are seeking solutions for new soft drinks packaging, to improve carbonation, and for new types of preservation to replace/reduce usage of synthetic ingredients.
Suntory Group is among the world's leading consumer products companies and offers a uniquely diverse portfolio of beverage products enjoyed by millions around the world: from award-winning Japanese whiskies Yamazaki and Hibiki, The Premium Malt's beer, and iconic American spirits Jim Beam and Maker's Mark to non-alcoholic favorites Orangina, Lucozade, Ribena, TEA plus, BOSS coffee, Iyemon tea, and Suntory Tennensui water.
1. The future of Soft Drinks packaging - Current soft drinks packaging uses significant amounts of plastics, and although they’re making great progress on improving the recyclability of their current plastic packaging, they’re looking to make even more significant progress to even more radically reduce the environmental impact of their packaging for their soft-drinks. Successful innovations must improve sustainability of packaging/reduce environmental impact. Areas of interest include new/smart packaging formats and materials etc.
2. Improved Carbonation - Ways of enhancing or optimising carbonation and technologies that can help retain carbonation throughout the shelf-life of the product. Successful innovations must be proven or evidenced solutions: basic technology has been tested in a simulated environment (needs to be a sugar sweetened drink – at least 2% sugar). Time to market: <3 years. Areas of interest include packaging, processes or altering attributes of the liquid.
3. Next Generation Preservation - There is a need for new types of preservation to support replacing and / or reducing usage of synthetic ingredient approaches for beverage applications. Successful innovations must be proven or evidenced solutions: basic technology has been tested in a simulated environment. Time to market: <3 years. Areas of interest include natural preservatives and/or improved preservative efficacy; alternative approaches can include: Technologies supporting a delayed or controlled preservative action/release and packaging or other technologies that positively impact upon preservation.
Your innovation should include both technical information on how the technology will work in addition to the given benefits to the consumer and how you believe it can be of use to us as a business.
Your innovation should include the following:
- How the technology is relevant to their brands (specific or in general)
- Stage of Development
- How adaptable is the technology, can it be used in a wide range of applications
- Background information on the people involved in the proposal
Suntory is open to a wide-variety of approaches to collaboration and partnering including, co-development, licensing, supply, and/or acquisition.
If you have or are developing solutions, or if you have expertise in the above, please click "Apply" to submit your solution/expertise to the Network.