This section describes LEO's current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us through this Website. The term "Personal Data" has the meaning given to it by the Data Protection Act 2018.
Notification of changes to this Policy
We are continually improving and adding new functionality and features to this Website and improving and adding to our existing services. Because of these on going changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change we will, as soon as practicable, post the changes on our Website to notify You of these changes. We encourage You to check this page frequently.
Collection and use of Personal Data
We will collect and store the information You give us. You may use this Website to register to receive additional information or services from us. When You register, we ask You for contact information like Your name, company, job role, telephone number and e-mail address and other relevant information that may vary time to time. We sometimes supplement the information that You provide with information that is received from third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We:
1. Undertake data reviews annually to remove stale non personal information.
2. Keep personal user data 7 years from their last login date at which point they and their associated data is removed from our records at the yearly review date.
3. Delete all personal records and associated data within 30 days if someone requests the right to be forgotten.
The purposes for which we process Personal Data includes the following:
· To inform You and connect You to other parties interested in Your innovation/s
· To inform You and connect You to other parties providing potential solution/s to Your innovation needs
· To inform You and connect You to other parties providing support services that may be relevant to Your business needs
· To inform You of new innovations, challenges, needs or updates
· To inform You of new services we will be providing, or events or articles we think will be of interest to You
· To internally help us improve our services and to help resolve any problems
We will not pass on any of Your details to any other party without Your consent with the exception of those parties:
· Registered and using the system to connect with You in Your role as an innovation provider
· Registered and using the system to connect with You in Your role as an innovation seeker
· Providing support services as selected by You as relevant to Your needs
In accordance with the GDPR and the UK Data protection Act 2018, You have the right to:
Request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
Withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;”
LEO corporate entity that acts as controller is Leading Edge Only Ltd, Cranfield Innovation Centre, University Way, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0BT, United Kingdom.