The world's first clinically tested, medically certified, and FDA registered 3D-printed bionic arm. Grab, pinch, high-five, fist bump, thumbs-up. Welcome to the future, where disabilities are superpowers.
We're a bionics company developing affordable, assistive devices that enhance the human body. We've started by introducing the Hero Arm, a stylish multi-grip bionic hand. Current upper limb prostheses exist as hooks, grippers, or expensive bionic hands. We're on a mission to make beautiful bionic limbs more accessible.
Hero Arm is the most affordable multi-grip bionic arm ever, less than half the price of its nearest competitor. Each Hero Arm is custom-built, and for the first time ever is available for upper limb amputees as young as nine.
Each Hero Arm is custom-built. It’s comfortable, adjustable and breathable too, which means it’s easy to take on and off while providing you with the best possible fit.
With the Hero Arm, technology is at your fingertips. Literally. Special sensors within the Hero Arm detect muscle movements, meaning you can effortlessly control your bionic hand with intuitive life-like precision.
Even though the Hero Arm is powered by space grade motors, advanced software and long-lasting batteries, it is lightweight and super sleek. The Hero Arm feels like part of you. And it’s strong too, able to lift up to 8 kilograms.
The Hero Arm is whatever you want it to be. With swappable covers, you can switch up your style to match your mood. And you can even design your own, using our super cool cover customiser.
• Hero Arm is a powered bionic hand controlled by your muscles – the world’s first medically certified, 3D printed bionic hand.
• Open Bionics make the hand, socket, and frame and deliver an all-in-one bespoke prosthesis that’s formed perfectly for you.
• Breathable socket – Ventilation enhances comfort in challenging environments.
• Easily cleanable – Removable socket gives you easy access and simple care of the prosthesis.
• Dynamic socket – Compressible and expandable socket giving you a comfortable fit in varying conditions.
• Long battery life gives you all day usage without needing to plug in and charge.
• Multi-grip versatility – Hero Arm has multiple easy-to-select grips giving great user control. These can be reconfigured to your preferences by your prosthetist.
• Freeze mode – The hand can be held in a static position for no fuss, reliable grip e.g. Useful for holding a glass.