Medsii provides trusted, timely & personalized health, medicines and medical conditions info & news alerts. Our Oct 20 Twitter-style app now has over 15k downloads in 150 countries
Our new Medsii app aims to help millions of people with health conditions:
- Aggregates the world’s latest news from health authorities (including the NHS, World Health Organisation, European Medical Agency, the US Food and Drug Administration agency and charities such as Breast Cancer UK) about medicines in an easy-to-read and understandable way, including new treatments available for conditions
- Real-time updates on drug safety concerns globally. Currently can take months to reach users
- One third of the world suffers from at least 2 chronic health conditions, including 46% or 29 million UK people on repeat prescriptions for chronic health conditions
- Aims to help reduce the 100,000 UK hospital admissions per year caused by side effects of prescribed drugs and £500 million annual cost to the NHS
Consumer app 'Medsii' (Medicines Information for Me) launched in October 2020 on the Apple App Store and Google Playstore. Medsii is a one-stop shop service for people with health conditions, designed to help people manage their health more effectively. We do this by leveraging artificial intelligence to provide our registered users with personalized and up-to-date health, medicines and medical conditions news and data intelligence from the world’s most trusted sources, including governments and patient support charities such as Breast Cancer UK & Alzheimer's Disease International. Additonally, Medsii provides information on drug side effects, safety alerts and recalls, and clinical trial opportunities for participation. Information is presented in an engaging patient-centric Twitter-style interface. Medsii's mission is to Help People Everywhere Who Take Medicines. Social responsibility is core to our philosophy and 10% of our profits will go to patient support charities as chosen by our users upon registration.
Rav Roberts, CEO and co-founder of says: “Until Medsii there was no single information source that captured the world’s latest news and information about health conditions from only trusted sources, and presented it in a consumer-friendly way. Many people turn to the internet for help with their condition, but it can be extremely difficult to find what they need amongst the huge volume of information, including some misinformation – and it might not be there anyway. Medsii delivers the most useful, up-to-date and relevant information for medicines users.
Annabelle Painter, a NHS doctor and formerly an AI Clinician at Babylon Health, said: “The current healthcare model is missing a key component: a user-friendly, clinically robust and up-to-date patient resource about medication. Without this, patients often turn to unreliable online sources leading to misinformation, confusion and patient harm. With around 50% of people in the UK taking regular prescription medication and with adverse drug reactions causing over 5% of all hospital admissions, there is a huge unmet need for this kind of product. Medsii is an innovative solution to this problem and I am excited about its potential to empower patients and improve outcomes.”
- Aggregates the world’s latest news from health authorities (including the NHS, World Health Organisation, European Medical Agency, the US Food and Drug Administration agency and charities such as Breast Cancer UK) about health, medicines & medical conditions in an easy-to-read and understandable way, including new treatments available for conditions.
- Push notification real-time updates on drug safety concerns from trusted sources globally. Currently can take months to reach users.
- Push notification real-time updates on clinical trial opportunities for members of the public to register for.
- As well as focusing on supporting people with health conditions, Medsii also provides information on more generic health topics
- As only trusted sources are included in the app, Medsii helps to combat the vast amount of health, medicines & vaccines disinformation across the internet and social media in particular.
- Medsii also enable users to report any side effects they experience in a compliant way.
- Provides personalized and up-to-date push notifications on health, medicines and medical conditions news and information relevant to you, from only the world’s most trusted sources.
- Applicable and understandable to the general public who are interested in managing their health, as well as healthcare professionals including doctors and pharmacists.
- Enables people to receive push alerts about clinical trials that they can sign up to, drug side-effects, safety alerts or even possible new developments for medicines that they are taking,
- Enables health authorities to target people with trusted information to help combat social media disinformation. For example, a recent poll in the Medsii app asked people if they would take the Covid-19 vaccination. Over 270 people have answered and 63% said 'yes', but 16% said 'No'. Our app Medsii can target information on vaccines to these 'Nos' to help alleviate concerns they may have about Covid-19 vaccinations and vaccinations in general.