Welcome to the world of Three Fold. Sparkling water refreshment, natural fruit flavour & 4% alcohol …a crisp, clear combination of three. A fresh new hard seltzer available in three delicious flavours, born for NOW and a multi-dimensional new generation of drinkers. Targeting 18-34 conscious hedonists, we constantly look at the world afresh, moving together to create new experiences to enjoy.
We exist to champion you to be your most natural, so you can freely express yourself. Only available in the UK as of Feb 2021, but with aspirations for a serious presence across EMEA & APAC markets.
We really want to uncover your ideas to help us meet this expansion challenge, whilst sticking incredibly tight to our brand promise of encouraging you to be your most natural self and our multidimensional, youthful brand world.
With Three Fold Hard Seltzer, we want to assume category dominance by 2023, basically doing what White Claw did in the US, in the EMEA & APAC region, and are looking for your best ideas to set us up as category leaders and deliver ‘firsts’ for the hard seltzer category (outside of the US) that fundamentally deliver on mechanics and tools that the whole category needs to grow.
Three Fold are looking for ideas which could include new products, new packaging, new promotions, new serving rituals, new ways of engaging customers (buyers) and consumers (drinkers), new partnerships, new routes to market. We’d rather you not focus so much time on new liquids and flavours though as we have a good idea of these already.
For the category to grow, we feel we need to:
- Educate on what a hard seltzer is, at mass (alcohol + water + fruit flavour)
- Make it as easy as possible to spot, try and enjoy a hard seltzer
- Use easily identifiable, recognise accessible cues to drive trial (accessible flavours e.g. red berries, regular 330ml can formats). Help consumers integrate a hard seltzer into their usual routines, or make their usual routines better.
- Stick tightly to some key cues; brand identity, not extending to other types of sparkling beverage too soon, formats. In order to create an expectation of the category and not confuse it with others.
- Communicate natural flavours/no artificials
Considering these key factors, ideate around what Three Fold Hard Seltzer could do to establish category leading behaviour and dominate the category, staying tight and focused on our brand purpose of championing you to be your most natural and bringing our iconic assets to the fore. Some thought starter questions…
- How might we create a brand ritual that becomes synonymous with hard seltzers in total to allow the category to be distinct from other ready to drink offerings.
- Hard Seltzers and Three Fold are ‘ready’ for many occasions and consumer moments rather than just one. How can we make this clear through our innovations and also ensure that this versatility comes across as a benefit rather than too vague or broad? What are some new and innovative on the go consumption/gen Z format ideas?
- What are your ideas that support our brand purpose around encouraging you to be your most natural self and our iconic brand assets/concept such as the ‘3’. Threes demonstrate the multidimensional nature of our audience.
- How should we make it as easy as possible to be made aware of and try a hard seltzer? What are some product innovation ideas that drive appeal and talk?
- What ideas do you have to drive cost effective and unconventional trial outside of traditional sampling methods with this target group?
- How might we leapfrog competitors with an on trade solution/promotion/offering to create presence in outlet?
What's in it for you?
A successful collaboration could mean, for individuals, becoming part of the wider Molson Coors group, while for organisations, forming a partnership/joint venture to co-develop and co-launch the idea to market.
These are global challenges and Molson Coors are willing to collaborate with both individuals/freelancers and other industry participants/universities etc. and solutions can be at any stage of development.
If you have or are developing solutions, or if you have expertise in the above, please click "Apply" to submit your solution/expertise.