BT Global own an extensive global voice and data network providing managed services, security, and IT infrastructure services, enabling customers’ digital transformations. They partner in countries worldwide for access to voice and data infrastructure and buy enterprise technologies and equipment for their customers from the world’s leading technology providers.
They operate in a worldwide market that continues to experience high levels of change driven by both rapid technology innovation and a dynamic competitive landscape. Customers’ demands continue to evolve towards more flexible, on-demand models and new cloud-based and software-defined networking solutions. BT Global continue to execute their transformation programme to focus their business, standardise their operations, transform the underlying infrastructure, and provide innovative solutions to address the changing demands of their customers. They are focused on the networking, cloud and security needs of leading multinational companies and organisations.
BT's processes currently include some manually driven tasks in order to abstract customer data from networks that vary customer to customer, partial automation of network documentation, and sometimes limited E2E visibility of a network between BT and the customer.
BT are currently looking for an intent based networking solution/tool to improve how to access and process information. The solution must aim to satisfy some or all of the below criteria:
- Automated network discovery with abstraction of customer network data direct from devices
- Better visibility and routing of the network through automated rules and policies
- Pre and post checks can be made automatically via creating a ‘Digital Twin’
- Uses intelligent algorithms to model the network and frees up senior design resource to manage the complexities of the network
- Real-time accurate self-service documentation direct from the network
- Network validated continuously in real time, which can detect outage and degradation issues improving availability and agility in the network
- Intent-based systems simplify auditing as network configurations are auto-generated policy/ rule based
- Collection of data direct from the customer’s network devices using intelligent algorithms
What's in it for you?
A successful collaboration could mean forming a partnership/joint venture to co-develop the idea and its path to implementation.
These are global challenges and BT are willing to collaborate with both individuals/freelancers and other industry participants/universities etc.
If you are up for the challenge and would like to help shape the future of BT, please click “Apply” to submit your ideas/expertise to the Network.