Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited, which is part of Aditya Birla Group of companies, is an Indian fashion retail company headquartered in Mumbai. ABFRL has a portfolio of 15+brands & has a network of 3031+ stores with a presence across approximately 25,000 multi-brand outlets with 6,500+ point of sales in department stores across India.
Any non-confidential summaries of novel ideas in these areas would be of potential interest.
- Personalization is an emerging wave in the fashion world – being able to make an on demand modification to a garment adds tremendous value to consumer delight.
- On the other hand alterations are another mundane form of personalization : ~50-60% alterations in mens wear are for just length modifications |10-15% for waist / shorts. Stores need to have a tailor liasoning at every store to make this feasible.
- A personalization machine that can customize /personalize with least human intervention – enabling delivery of personalized product to consumers within 10-15 minutes
- These machines are imagined to be housed into every store (or in a store cluster) & operated by store staff
- Operations to that can be bundled:
- Minimum interference Alterations (ability to cut & seam the effects)
- Print on demand
- Laser etching (accessories)
- Instant Embroidery add on
- Sew in patches
- Any other forms of personalization that can be added on would enhance value proposition
Challenges to manage
- Integration of digitization in a manner that a store staff can manage it without much skill training
- Multiple solutions housed in a single machine
- Space efficiency to enable housing it inside a trial room / <500 sq ft store
- Commercials of the machine and per unit cost need to be low to generate high ROI and enable transformation.
What's in it for you?
A successful collaboration could mean, for individuals, becoming part of the wider ABG Ecosystem, while for organizations, forming a strategic partnership to co-develop and to join a network 3000+ Stores to scale up.
This is a global challenge and ABG will be willing to collaborate with both individuals/freelancers and other industry participants/universities etc. to co-customize and co-launch the idea. On successful POC, the idea could have the potential to scale within the groups network of 3000+ stores.