Our Technology division provides a suite of services in the design, maturation and implementation of new technologies and engineering services for sustainable energy production around the world. We do this by helping organisations at all stages of their project lifecycle to assess, test, and implement world-class innovations to support plant optimisations; lowering the costs of production; and reducing the environmental impact of operations. We work closely with a network of global partners to create opportunities for a more sustainable energy future.
Our client, a global energy company, is currently looking for a scaffolding safety cover solution able to withstand extreme working environments.
They are looking for a scaffolding pipe end and coupler safety cover that will perform for an extended period (months to years).
Specifically, currently available plastic scaffolding pipe end and coupler safety covers do not survive the harsh Australian environment for long. Safety covers are required to prevent injuries from people striking exposed bolts and pipe ends. The working environment is a hot, semi-arid coastal climate with summer temperatures exceeding 40°C, extreme UV index of 14 with high winds too!
Existing products are designed to be disposable and are made from thin injection moulded plastic. They are prone to high temperature and UV degradation, cracking, becoming brittle and falling off.
Solutions must aim to adhere to the below requirements:
- Prevent injuries from people striking exposed bolts and pipe ends
- Suitable for use in hot semi-arid to hot desert environments
- Self-securing to scaffolding pipe ends and coupler bolts (no additional fasteners)
- Remain in place under high wind conditions and physical impacts
- Be made of a material that will not degrade for an extended period (months to years)
- Manufacturing ease and cost to be comparable with existing products
What's in it for you?
A successful collaboration will generate business for suitable submissions.