Manchester University NHS Trust (MFT) was formed in 2017, and we provide community and secondary care services to the populations of Manchester and Trafford and specialist services to patients from Greater Manchester, the North West and the rest of the UK.
MFT comprises of ten hospitals plus the Manchester and Trafford Local Care Organisations. We have an annual turnover of around £1.8 billion, treat more than 2 million patients every year and are one of the largest employers in the area with 23,000 staff.
MFT wants to make active travel a natural choice for staff, and where appropriate visitors and contractors. Demand for quality cycling facilities has substantially increased over the last 12 months, and we need to improve the number, quality and security of our facilities for cycle parking.
Our cycle parking infrastructure needs to be fit for the future so that staff, patients and visitors can easily locate parking facilities, know that spaces are available for them and be confident that their bike will be safe when they return to collect it.
MFT are looking for innovative solutions and technologies in this area which will provide some or all the following:
- Enable cyclists to book a cycle parking space when needed
- Maximise efficiency of cycle parking facilities and provide these in an innovative manner
- Make cycle parking facilities completely theft proof
- Make provision for occasional users such as visitors, patients and contractors that is secure but easily accessed by non-staff members
- Notifies cyclists of the nearest available parking location
- Enhances security with a biometric recognition system for entry
- Provides the Trust with business information to support further enhancements in cycle parking provision
- Be cost effective, mindful that we are a public sector body with limited funding available to deliver these improvements. Different cost models should be presented.
What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to work with the largest NHS Trust in England. We are open minded and flexible regarding how a future partnership relationship could evolve.
Through the opportunity to work and partner with MFT we offer our 10 hospital sites as opportunities to pilot and test your innovations and provide feedback to develop the product or technology if its not yet ready for market.
This is a challenge across the whole of the NHS and wider public sector, and we are happy to consider solutions that are at different stages of development, and collaborate with a wider range of stakeholders.