At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right. We will lead the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
To offer consumer low fat cracker options & aligned with MDLZ mindful snacking strategy, MDLZ brands are on a path to continuously optimize and improve recipes. We are on a lookout for solutions to reduce total fat in our cracker product portfolio without affecting product taste and dryness. Our target for total fat is that it should be less than 20g/100g while our current recipes are in the range of 22-28g total fat content.
- Cracker recipes generally have both dough fat (7-10%) and topping oil (15-18%).
- Existing dough fat and topping oil are palm oil.
- We are looking for affordable solutions with limited cost upcharge.
Key Success criteria:
- Ingredient solutions that enable total fat reduction on cracker, including dough fat reduction and topping oil reduction.
- Novel processing technologies to reduce topping oil/slurry oil
- Close to commercialization solutions preferred; however, technologies at all maturities will be considered, provided that a viable pathway to commercialization can be determined.
- Open to exploring all collaborators at this stage (commercial, academic, established institutions as well as start-ups)
- Any commercially available technologies must meet SEA regulatory requirements.
What we are not interested in:
- Ingredients/technology to reduce total fat on cake/bread/cookie recipes.
What's in it for you?
These are global challenges and MDLZ is willing to collaborate with both individuals/freelancers and other industry participants/universities etc. At this stage, we would prefer ready or close to commercialize solutions, but early development could be discussed with a potential partner.
If you have or are developing solutions, or if you have expertise in the above, please click "Apply" to submit your solution/expertise to the Network.